Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
Marketing Analytics is a key element in Groupon’s Marketing and as a team we develop new data requirements, maintain automated dashboards and analyze marketing performance to helps improve marketing strategies and customer insights to make Groupon engaging for both merchants and consumers.
This position based out of Dublin office will be part of our International Marketing Analytics team supporting Groupon’s EMEA Marketing efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, measuring, testing and reporting on the fundamental success factors that drive our drive Marketing success in the EMEA region.
The right candidate will possess a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude, and business savvy. Typical responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with marketing team and other stakeholders across Groupon, with an understanding of the diverse needs of each stakeholder
- Synthesize data from a variety of databases and provide clear actionable recommendations to key business leads and leadership. Essentially, Perform as an “analytics translator” to tell a story about the data
- Creation of dashboards and reports providing insight into business data. Aggregate, organize and visualize data to communicate effectively
- Design and delivery of advanced analytical models, such as clustering, segmentations or propensity models, to answer core business questions
- Work closely with data engineers and analytics team to ensure the ongoing evolution and improvement of our data assets
- Develop ad-hoc analysis and reports
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Must be comfortable in ambiguity and constantly evolving environment
- Proven ability to perform data driven analyses including problem statement, data discovery, and result communication
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
- Top decile SQL skills a must (experience in Hive is strongly preferred)
- Understanding of statistical techniques like Predictive Modeling, Regression, Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, hypothesis testing, exploratory analysis, etc
- Demonstrated success in ingesting, analyzing, and presenting large data?sets
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Experience in using tools like Tableau for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration
- Experience automating analysis using analytics packages in languages like R or Python
- Prior retail and digital marketing knowledge
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
Please apply here.